Monday, July 9, 2007

Leaving for Peru on Wednesday

Well, I have been mentioning a Medical Mission Trip that a group is taking down to Peru in my prayer letter, and we are finally leaving for this trip on Wednesday. We will be gone from July 11th until August 9th.
I am very excited about this trip and I hope that you will be praying for us while we are down there. Bradley Edmonson, from Calvary Baptist Church in Ashland, Oh. has organized the people to go on this trip, there are between 60 to 65 people that are travelling down there. 28 are nursing students from Pensacola Christian College and the rest are from around the North.
The plan is to have a Medical Clinic running at the Bible College during the same week of the Youth Congress, which makes it very hectic, we are hoping to see anywhere between 2000 to 5000 people come to this clinic to receive medical treatment and before they can get their prescription, they have to speak to one of our counsellors that can share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them. Please be praying for all of this. There are so many details that I want to share with you, but I will be sure to share those with you in a little while.

I will definitely be keeping you more updated while we are in Peru, so keep up with our blog every day, I will be sure to post news, pictures and anything else I can think of.

Thank you so much for keeping up with our blog.
God bless,
David

1 comment:

Austin Gardner said...

I hope you will blog regularly and keep us up to date on all God is doing with you and Katie while you are in Peru. We love you very much and are very proud of you and the work that God has called you to do. I would love to be able to keep up with all that is happening because as much as we love being where we are we definitely miss what is happening there.