Friday, May 25, 2007

Graduation

Well, for the pastor couple of days I have been going to graduations. The first graduation I attended was Benjamin Armstrong's in Anderson, SC. It was as good as a graduation could go.
Tonight I went to the graduation at my home church where there were 8 graduates. I wanted to share a quote with you that I heard last night: "A man will work 8 hours for a good job and he will work 10 hours for a good boss, but a man will work all night for a cause." I thought that was a great quote and it really got me thinking about the work that we should be doing for The Cause of Christ. It is so easy to get lazy, discouraged, bitter and dissapointed when we start looking around at other people and forget that we are doing it for Christ. People all around the world live for their cause and work hard through thick and thin, whether it be for a family, job, hobby, sport, religion. But we have a much greater cause than all of these, we are living for the Glory of God and with such a great cause we will have great opposition. We should never forget to do what the Bible says in Hebrews 12:2: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus Christ had a cause, and saw it as a joy set before him to die on the cross for our sins, now lets live for him with a joy set before us as simple human beings that have the privelege and opportunity to bring Glory to His name.
Thank you so much for reading my blog and I hope that it will not bore you too much.
God bless,
David

No comments: